reasons i wanted to quit
the original list of reasons why i wanted to quit smoking:
i'd rather not be an outcast anymore; i'm tired of people looking at me like i've got leprosy because i'm smoking a cigarette.
- i've already given myself emphysema by smoking; i can't afford to let it get any worse than it already is.
- i want to be able to breathe freely: having emphysema and bronchitis has been pretty scary; there have been times over the last couple of weeks that i couldn't take a breath without going into a choking, gagging, coughing fit.
- i want to be free of this disgusting, dirty habit.
- i want to get healthy: i'd like to start working out again, lose my spare tire, and be able to participate in strenuous physical activities without feeling like i'm going to have a heart attack.
- i'd rather not be an outcast anymore; i'm tired of people looking at me like i've got leprosy because i'm smoking a cigarette.
- i want to be more attractive to women.
- i hate the stink of cigarettes. even as a smoker, it pisses me off when someone's smoking somewhere they shouldn't be, and it interferes with my enjoyment of a situation (like when someone at an adjacent table in a restaurant lights up - i hate that).
- i'd like to look better, smell better, and feel better about myself.
- i want my circulation to improve so my hands and feet aren't cold constantly any more.
- if Bob could do it, so can i!